WELCOME TO SUMMER CAMP AT THE DUNELAND YMCA!
Summer is a time for kids to unplug, stretch their imaginations, learn, and truly play. Get EXCITED—Summer Camp at the Y Starts June 1, 2021!
As families like yours look to bring a sense of normalcy to your summertime plans, let the Y be your trusted partner in keeping your children happy, safe, and engaged. At Camp Shorwau, your children will make friends, have life-shaping experiences, develop new skills, and, most importantly, have fun!
Our highly trained counselors are passionate about creating safe, inclusive environments for campers to learn, grow, and have a blast. They genuinely care about the individual development of each camper and every counselor will serve as a guide to live and work together as a community throughout the summer. All staff are CPR and First Aid certified, and are additionally trained in risk management, child abuse prevention, behavior management, character development, and team building.
Each week of camp will have a unique theme with corresponding games, activities, and crafts. Campers can look forward to enjoying something new every week at the Y!
Summer Camp 2021 registration is now available! Contact us today to enroll your child!
Reserve your child’s spot today! Early registration includes 10% off registration fee (offer ends May 31).
COUNTDOWN TO CAMP:
FRIENDSHIP, ACCOMPLISHMENT, BELONGING
One week or the whole summer, Y campers will turn off the screens and turn up the play. Your kids will have fun, build confidence and make friends, all in a safe, inclusive, nurturing environment.
Let’s get out in the sunshine together and make a splash in the pool! Get ready to enjoy the familiar, fun, and exciting summer day camp experience you’ve come to expect from the Y, including:
- Day camp is for campers entering grades 1-7 in September 2021
- A 10-week program that runs 5 days per week, Monday, June 7th through Tuesday, August 10th.
- Regular camp hours: 9:00am - 4:00pm
Before camp care hours: 6:00am - 9:00am
After camp care hours: 4:00pm - 6:00pm
- NEW Camp location: Duneland Family YMCA Youth Development Center 651 Morgan Avenue, Chesterton, IN 46304, Door #8
Traditional Day Camp
- Camp Shorwau's popular, traditional multi-activity outdoor camp offers a broad array of activities that engage and entertain campers, including theme days.
- Register for one week, select weeks, or all 10 weeks Monday, June 7th through Tuesday, August 10th
- Campers are divided into groups for age-appropriate fun and engagement all summer long:
- Campers build social skills and long-lasting friendships through participation in small group Interest Clubs and activities in the areas of Health & Nutrition and Sports & Games.
- Swim lessons and daily swim time at the Duneland Family YMCA's outdoor pool is included at no additional cost. Children should bring a bathing suit and towel each day.
Camp Will Be Filled With
- Open swim
- One field trip offsite a week
- STEM activities
- Art Projects
- Weekly Fitness and Sports classes
- FREE Kona Ice all summer
- Structured activities & free choice time
Amazing things happen when kids unplug and reconnect with others!
Y Summer Day Camp provides a fun, safe experience for kids to play games and sports, make arts and crafts, go swimming, learn new skills, sing silly songs, make new friends, gain independence, and more!
Weekly Themes & Field Trips
Weekly themes & field trips add something special woven throughout the camp week. For 2021, campers can look forward to the following camp theme weeks & field trips at Camp Shorwau:
Weekly Monday - Friday
$127 per week per child
Summer School Weekly M-F
$80 per week per child
Daily Rate (per day)
$32 per day per child
Annual Camp Program Fee
$55 per child
- To register, contact [email protected].
- You will be emailed a registration form.
- Completed forms can be emailed to Melissa Griffith, Youth Program Business Manager | [email protected]
- Due to health and safety protocols, we can only offer day camp to a limited number of campers. Registration is based on a first-come, first-served basis. We encourage anyone interested in camp to register as soon as possible.
- These unprecedented times have created an unprecedented need for financial assistance. Please email us at [email protected] to discuss options that may be available to you.
We're here to help!
Please email [email protected] for information regarding camp registration and payment.
For questions or concerns you may have before, after, or during summer, or updated policies and procedures, families are encouraged to contact Lisa Stojanovich, Youth Program Director.