As the leading nonprofit for youth development, healthy living and social responsibility, the Duneland Y works side-by-side with our neighbors every day to make sure that everyone, regardless of age, income or background, has the opportunity to learn, grow and thrive. To do our important work, the Y relies on support from volunteers.
When you volunteer at the Y, you take an active role in bringing about meaningful, enduring change right in your own neighborhood. We accomplish our mission by teaching kids new skills that build self-confidence, character values and leadership. We help adults and families lead healthy lifestyles. We connect older adults to an active support network. We provide outlets to give back to those in need. People engage with the Y on one level, but they soon find a deeper meaning to their activities and a connection to those around them. Ultimately, at its highest form, they feel compelled to reach out to their community by volunteering.
Each of our volunteers helps deliver the benefits of good health, strong connections, greater self-confidence and a sense of security to all who seek it. Join us – we could use someone like you.
• Fun Zone: Help kids have fun while their parents work out.
• Parents Night Out: Entertain children while parents enjoy an evening out.
• Youth Sports: Help coach or ref children with various sports and make a difference in the life of a child or teenager by teaching them skills for games and for life.
• Maintenance Aide: To assist in light cleaning and help maintenance crew to ensure a clean building.
• Member Ambassador: Be the one to welcome new members to your group exercise or cycling classes.