THE DUNELAND FAMILY YMCA IS REOPENING WITH CARE
Keep reading to learn how the Y is reopening with modified operations
and safety precautions.
WELCOMING YOU BACK SAFELY
The Duneland Family YMCA is committed to your safety.
We are focused on the safety and well-being of all who visit our YMCA. Our carefully managed reopening with care plan comes with stringent new health, safety and hygiene procedures in place. So, as we enjoy our YMCA everyone will need to follow CDC guidelines and recommendations of health officials, and Duneland Family YMCA policies. With limited class sizes, social distancing and enhanced safety protocols, you can feel safe joining us at the Y!
Effective June 7, 2021
Duneland YMCA Members and Program Participants
At the Duneland Family YMCA, the safety and well-being of our members, staff and program participants have always been and will always be our top priority. We have worked hard to ensure safety and I would like to thank you for helping us create a healthy and welcoming environment for all. Beginning Monday, June 7, we will update our mask policies for fully vaccinated members and program participants using our facility located 215 Roosevelt based on CDC guidance.
Beginning June 7:
- Duneland Family YMCA (215 Roosevelt St.)
- For fully vaccinate people, masks are optional.
- We are recommending masks to be worn by those who are non-vaccinated (or those who have a pre-existing condition or feel more comfortable continuing to wear a mask) in the YMCA as follows: entering building, transitioning in building, lobby, hallways, and common areas.
- Vaccination verification is not required.
- People who are not vaccinated are asked to follow CDC guidelines and wear a mask in the facility as listed above.
- Nationwide Membership reciprocity will continue to be honored.
- Fans will be used in group exercise classes.
- Only the following Group Exercise Classes will require reservations and limit capacity: Barre, Spin, Spin Fusion, and BodyPump
- Water Fountains will be available
- Towels will be available
- Forchetti Family YMCA Center for Early Learning (270 E Burdick Rd.)
- When inside the facility, face coverings are required for all personnel, guests, and parents as regulated by the State when indoors.
- Children over the age of 2 are not required to wear face coverings but are encouraged to do so.
- When outdoors, face coverings are required for personnel who cannot maintain 6 feet of physical distance.
- Duneland Family YMCA Summer Camp Safety Procedures
- Campers and staff will be asked to wear a mask indoors when indoors. Campers will not be required to wear masks outdoors in most circumstances including eating and swimming, with the exception of times where physical distancing will be difficult.
The YMCA Staff Will continue to:
- Be diligent with cleaning and continue to identify areas that need additional disinfecting
- Monitor building flow/usage to ensure a safe environment.
- Provide extra cleaning supplies and sanitizer will be made available throughout the facility.
- While in common spaces, continue to wear masks.
- Stay home when sick.
- Wash hands frequently with soap for at least twenty seconds.
- Practice physical distancing.
- Provide you with the safest environment possible.
- Continue to monitor and make necessary changes as needed.
Thank you for your patience, keeping each other safe, and for sticking with us!
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact Dave Kasarda, Chief Executive Officer, [email protected]
April 5, 2021
Per Porter County Public Health Recommendation
Duneland Family YMCA's position starting April 5, 2020:
- Although the state mandates have changed, we believe the YMCA must continue to remain vigilant during this time. At the suggestion of the Porter County Health Department, the Duneland Family YMCA is asking our guests, members, and program participants to hang with us a bit longer as we are going to extend our mask mandate until farther notice in all Y program sites and facilities.
- POLICY CLARIFICATION: Masks are required inside our Y unless you are actively working out. Once you’re done actively working out, you must remain in the same place to cool down. You must put your mask back on before moving to your next workout station or around the Y.
- At this time, temperature checks, limiting group exercise class size, and social distancing will remain in place for everyone who enters our facilities.
- Water fountains will remain closed. We encourage you to bring a reusable water bottle to fill at our water refill station.
- If you have any questions, please contact YMCA CEO Dave Kasarda at 219-926-4204 or [email protected]
Thank you for helping keep our facilities safe. We know the YMCA is an important part of your day.
January 1, 2021
Our protocols that remain in place:
- Thermal imaging (temperature checks) upon entry to the building.
- Enforcement of masks wearing when in the facility but not during high exertion exercise.
- We will continue to limit class size where safety practices cannot be sustained.
- We will continue to practice physical distancing of at least six feet.
- Reserving your spot for group exercise via https://www.picktime.com/DunelandYMCA.
- Rigorous cleaning & handwashing protocol.
UPDATES Beginning December 2, 2020
Duneland Family YMCA
- Monday-Friday | 5 am - 9pm
- Saturday | 7am - 3 pm
- Sunday | 10 am - 2 pm
- Monday-Friday | 4 pm - 8pm
- Saturday | 8 am - 11 am
- Face masks are required at ALL TIMES unless
- Actively engaged in exercise
- eating or drinking
- Reservations are required for Body Pump, Spin, and Barre, Turbo Kick, Bootcamp, Gentle Stretch Yoga, and Core Group Fitness Classes.
- Please Call the Y at at (219)926-4204 to reserve your spot
- Group Exercise classes that do not require reservations are limited to 25 people on a first come, first serve basis.
- Seniors programs and services will re-open. Senior exercise classes will continue to meet in the gymnasium. All senior classes will have a maximum of 20 participants to facilitate social distancing.
- Everyone who enters the facility will still have their temperature taken at the front desk.
- We will continue to facilitate and encourage social distancing, masks, and hand washing.
- Physical distancing of at least 6 feet will continue to be encouraged.
- Continue Increased cleaning procedures including regular misting of locker rooms, all fitness rooms, and equipment areas with EPA registered broad-spectrum disinfectant.
Area Specific Procedures
- Masks must be worn at all times in the gym except when engaging in activity.
- Physical distancing will be enforced.
- The racquetball court is open by reservation only. Please call the Y to reserve a time.
- All equipment will be deep cleaned and disinfected by the YMCA staff and cleaned throughout the day.
- Members will be able to use towels and disinfectant spray to clean equipment before and after use. Spray bottles with sanitation can be found in every exercise area.
- A mask must be worn during extended periods of rest.
Social distancing must be adhered to at all times, keeping a distance of 6ft between yourself and others.
LOCKERS AND LOCKER ROOMS
- Locker Rooms will remain open all day.
- Physical distancing in all locker room spaces
- Socially distanced Group Fitness Classes will continue to be offered.
- Our Group Exercise Schedule can be found here.
- Reservations are required for Barre, Body Pump, Turbo Kick, Bootcamp, Gentle Stretch, and Core Blast
- Group Exercise classes will be limited 50% capacity
- Masks must be worn when entering the class and as soon as class is over
- In-person personal training will take place at the Duneland Y and follow social distancing.
- Personal trainers will be required to wear masks and practice social distancing. Exercises will be demonstrated by the trainer and verbal cues/corrections will be given in place of physical form correction.
Do I have to wear a mask when I visit the Y?
Yes, everyone in the building will continue to be required to wear a facemask in the hallways and between workouts.
Everyone who enters the facility will still have their temperature taken at the front desk. We will continue to facilitate and encourage social distancing, masks, and hand washing.
Are water fountains open?
At this time, water fountains are not available for your health and safety. Please bring a water bottle with you when you visit the Y!
Do I need to reserve my spot in group exercise classes?
Reservations are only required for Body Pump, all Spin classes, and Barre, and all group exercise classes held in the fitness room due for social distancing and the health and safety of our members and staff. All other classes do not need a reservation. Reservations open 24 hours prior to class start time. Call the Y during business hours at 219.962.4204 to reserve your spot.