Being healthy means more than simply being physically active. It’s about maintaining a balanced spirit, mind and body. The Y is a place where you can work toward that balance by challenging yourself to learn a new skill or hobby, fostering connections with friends through our lifelong learning programs, or bring your loved ones closer together through our family-centered activities. At the Y, it’s not about the activity you choose as much as it is about the benefits of living healthier on the inside as well as the outside.
At the Y, a supportive community is a big part of wellness. At every age and every level of activity, you’ll find people just like you looking to life a little bit healthier. Members and program participants often cite the support and enthusiasm of fellow participants and staff as some of the key factors in their achievement of greater well-being. One member sums up her favorite class this way: “This is a great program, I’ve learned so much about how to eat healthier, how regular exercise contributes to my well-being, and I love the classes. I’m here several times a week now to work out and I love the new me!”
Living healthy is about spirit, mind and body at every age and stage. The Y offers classes and programs for all ages, all levels and all interests. From low-impact exercise and chair classes, stretching and strength training to indoor cycling, water exercise, yoga and more, you’ll find a group class that’s fun, supportive and keeps you moving.
Choose To Train, Maintain & Gain Knowledge Maximum of 12 participants. Reserve your spot at the Customer Service Desk.
Learn how and why we do certain movements to gain knowledge and get results. The basics of weight lifting and cardio exercises.
- Phase 1: Strength for Lower Body - 4 weeks / 8 (45 min.) class sessions
- Phase 2: Strength for Upper Body - 4 weeks / 8 (45 min.) class sessions
- Phase 3: Balance, Flexibility & Core - 4 weeks / 8 (45 min.) class sessions
- Phase 4: High Intense Interval Training & Endurance Training - 4 weeks / 8 (45 min.) class sessions
- Cost: $50/Phase. Sign up for all 4 Phases upfront and pay only $40/Phase. Participants past and present of Choose to Lose - $35/Phase
- PHASE 1 IS APRIL 4 - APRIL 28, TUESDAYS & THURSDAYS @ 8-8:45AM IN THE NORTH GYM